Prison Culinary Tricks
As I am sitting here enjoying my ice cream that was made in a peanut butter jar and a trash can, I can't help but laugh at my situation. I have learned things I never thought I would learn. SO, yes, if I get out of here I can make my family and friends home-made ice cream in a trash can. :-)
First of all you need to understand the "Prison economy". It runs off of stamps. You buy stuff using stamps. Everyone has a "hustle" in which they do stuff to earn stamps. This can range from cleaning rooms to selling your body for sex. ( By the way... I don't have a "hustle" I work in the factory here called UNICOR). One of the biggest hustles is from people who work in the kitchen here. They sell items they obtain during their work day. Okay, I'll just say it. They steal stuff out of the kitchen and sell it to us. :-) So the stuff that is not sold at our store here is "obtained" by supporting a kitchen worker's "hustle". With that in mind here is how you would make ice cream:
1. "Obtain" a pint of milk. Usually costs 1 stamp
2. Fill half a peanut butter jar with coffee creamer (can buy at store).
3. Fill jar up with milk
4. Add 5 sweeteners (can buy at store).
5. Add a spoonful of vanilla extract (must obtain).
6. If you want cookies in it or other candies add those (sell these at the store).
7. Shake up very well.
8. Place ice in a plastic trash can.
9. Lay peanut butter jar on ice.
10. Cover with lots of table salt (must be "obtained").
11. Add more ice on top.
12. Cover with blanket and let sit 1.5 to 2 hours.
Then... open and enjoy the closest thing to home-made ice cream that you will ever get in prison. Maybe later I will share my cheesecake trick.
As always, thanks for reading my blog.
2019 dec 31
2019 aug 27
2019 aug 5
2017 dec 28
2017 feb 18
2017 feb 1