The Novelist Portent
Johnny E. Mahaffey
April 16, 2020
WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE BOOK?
I've been compiling a list of books to recommend for reading, these books of literacy or cultural value, must read additions to anyone's mental repertoire.
Please look over the list in progress and feel free to comment on any, point out any errors, or tell me of any book I should add (and why).
* Brave New World (1932) by Aldous Huxley
* Nineteen Eighty-Four (1949) by George Orwell
* American Gods and Anasi Boys (?) by Neil Gaiman
* A Tale of Two Cities (1859) and Our Mutual Friend (1864-1865) by Charles Dickens
* Fahrenheit 451 (1953) by Ray Bradbury
* The House of the Dead (1861) and Notes from Underground (1864) and Crime and Punishment (1866) by Fyodor Dostoyevsky
* The Time Machine (1895) and Mind at the End of Its Tether (1945) by H.G. Wells
* Slaughterhouse-Five (1969) and Cat's Cradle (1963) by Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.
* The Time Traveler's Wife (?) by
* Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep (?) by
* Dune (1965), Children of Dun (1976), and God Emperor of Dune (1981) by Frank Herbert
* Dracula (1897) by Bram Stoker
* Interview with the Vampire (1976) and The Vampire Lestat (1985) by Anne Rice
* Carrie (1973) and Salem's Lot (?) by Stephen King
* The Wonderful Wizard of Oz (1900) by L. Frank Braum
* Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (1865) and Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There (1871) by Lewis Carroll
* Jane Eyre (1847) by Charlotte Bronte
* Les miserables (1862) by Victor Hugo
2020 oct 13
2020 sep 30
2020 jul 3
2020 jun 12
2020 may 24
2020 may 12