How to become a Hero and Save Lives!
by Jennifer Rose
Thousands of prisoners in California prisons have become infected with COVID- 19, and are languishing in deteriorating conditions of confinement. There ws an Outbreak of COVID-19 at the California Institution for Men (C.I.M.) in Chino, California, where over a month ago there were about 15 inmate deaths.
The Chino prison COVID- 19 outbreak was for the most part contained to that prison until an inexplicable mass transfer of about 120 inmates from that prison to San Quentin. The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) prison officials at both the local and departmental levels, acted with wreckless disregard to human life when they transferred all these inmates from the epicenter of the COVID-19 outbreak among incarcerated people at Chino to San Quentin. Prior to this transfer, there was approximately 100 confirmed cases of COVID-19 among the prison population at San Quentin. Whereas, there are now over 1,000 cases and seven inmate deaths at San Quentin.
CDCR prison officials did not adequately screen the transferred inmates, and simply spreaded them out among the Sea Quentin prison population. This was an act of criminally neglegent homicide and mass murder of prisoners by the State and CdcR prison officials.
Prior to this incident, i thought that CDCR secretly Ralph Diaz, and local prison administrations, were taking adequate health and safety precaution, but now i'm in fear for my life. With people like "Dumb-ass Donald" Trump in power, and his many fascist/ neo-nazi supporters, i'm truly scared for the lives of my family and friends as well.
So, now i'm writing this to request your help. Many people in American society call the "First Responders" (i.e. police, paramedics, firefighters) and the U.S. military "heroes." In many cases, this may be true. However, as we've repeatedly witnessed on the nightly and morning news. Many of them are also murderers and bad guys who shoot down unarmed civilians and particularly Black people. Anyone can be a hero, even the doctors and nurses on the front lines of the Struggle against COVID- 19. Legal advocates who defend civil rights and social injustice can also often be seen as heroes, and this is where I need your help!
You can be a hero right now by joining the abolitionist struggle, and/ or by advocating for the release of as many incarcerated people as possible! You don't have to be a "professional" agitator", a lawyer, or certfied paralegal to advocate for peoples rights or their release from prison.
You can advocate for my release right now! Please be a hero and save my life! I'm 50 years old, have been incarcerated for 30 years, and have had chronic hepatitis C illness, and Valley Fever (cocci)- a respiratory illness where there's fungal infection in the lungs. I'm also currently eligible for parole and have a Board of Parole Hearings (BPH) date on 07/28/2020. I've also been accepted into existing community- based transitional housing alternatives to incarceration, which makes my continued captivity in dangerous conditions simply unnecessary.
Where to send Requests for Release
You can send requests for my immediate release to:
- CDCR's COVID-19 response team. COVIDemail@example.com.
- J. Clark Kelso. Federal Medical Receiver: (916) 739-700 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ralph Diaz, secretary of CDCR; (916) 324-7308-press 4. email@example.com
- Diana Toche, Undersecretary- Health Care Services. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connie Gipson, Director, Division of Adult Institutions. email@example.com
- Contact BPH and Governor to ask for expedited release as parole eligible. Jennifer.Shaffer@cdcr.ca.gov
- write and call the medical department at Salinas Valley State Prison
- Reach out to the CDCR Ombudsman.
- Ask a lawyer to reach out to the prison's Litigation Coordinator
-Contact the Warden at SVSP.
- James King- firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prison Law Office, General DElivery, San Quentin, CA 94964. prisonlaw.org
- Gov. Gavin Newsome, State Capitol, 1303 10th St., Ste.1173, Sacramento, CA 95814, Support Communication application. Contact Kelli.email@example.com.- firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stanford Three Strikes Project, Michael Roman. 650.736.9670. email@example.com- Susan Champion 650.736.7757 firstname.lastname@example.org- Milens Blake email@example.com- crown Quadrangle. 559 Nathan Abbott Way, Stanford, CA 94305- 8610
Even if you can only contact one or two of these by mail/email or phone, it will be helpful, and may even save my life!
Thank you for your support and solidarity! Stay Safe !
Contact me at:
Jennifer Rose. E23852
Salinas Valley State Prison
Soledad, CA 93960
Send support letters for my parole to:
California Department of Corrections & Rehab
Board of Parole Hearings
P.O. Box 4036
Sacramento, CA 95812-4036
2021 apr 4
2021 apr 3
2021 apr 3
2021 apr 3
2021 apr 2
2021 apr 2