March 22, 2016 (Sept 8, 2016. I forgot to mail this. I have more to send next week.)
What a beautiful day! It is the first week of spring today. I am sitting at a picnic table outside in the cool (70*) fresh air. The wind is blowing so there is a cool breeze. The lawn is being mowed across the field and it's like a perfume to me! If every day were like today, I'd never go back inside!
Haley turned 20 ten days ago. Where has the time gone? It seems like just yesterday that she was 13. Maybe it's cuz I haven't physically seen her since she was 13. That could be it... At any rate, I am deeply proud of her, as I am Laura also. Haley lives at Job Corps and is studying phlebotomy and to become a C.M.A. (Laura is currently a C.N.A.). That's both girls in the medical field. I think it's wonderful they are in the same field. I believe she told me she was 70% finished with her studies but is going to sign up for more. That's excellent. I want her to be able to get a good job in her field so she will have a secure future.
July 5, 2015
Wow. Yesterday was fantastic (for being here of course!). I basically just hung out with my group of friends most of the day. I sleep until 10:00 and then went to lunch. The amount of food served was unbelievable. I'm a fairly large woman but who could have possibly eaten all that in one sitting?
Was mich nicht umbringt, macht mich starker. (That which does not kill me, makes me stronger)
January 27, 2015
I have come to the shocking conclusion that I may not be the best on keeping caught up on this blog. I've written in it telepathically hundreds of times, but unfortunately that method lacks much to be desired for the reader!
April 9th 2016
Yep, Its official. I suck at this! lol I found this in the back of my folder. I was gonna throw it away and decided- what the heck- I'll post it instead. Old news is still news :)
Note: I am not posting this to beg for $$ two peoplle asked how to send it to me if they ever choose to do so I figured I'd post it here where it would be permanent.
1) Money orders: Make the money order out to: Rhonda Bays 27356-018 Any will do byt postal money order is of course the best. Mail to:
Rhonda Bays PO Box 474701 Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001
2)Money gram: Use the code 7932 and my info
3) Western Union: Use the Blue 'quick collect' form city: FBOP State DC Western union and money gram post within minutes. Money order the day they're received.
March (25 Things You Don't Know About Me) 2016
1. I believe in life on other planets.
2. When I go in the sun, I freckle immediately. The freckles stay even when my tan fades.
3. I have converted to Messianic Judaism.
4. I prefer the smell of gasoline, tires, and tar to flowers.
5. 27 is my favorite number.
6. I can't drive.
7. My dad is my best friend.
8. Sherry and Barbara are my other best friends!
9. My first vote ever was for Dukakis.
10. My first job ever was as a telemarketer.
11. My favorite dessert is baklava.
12. I have read almost every James Patterson book published.
13. Over the last few years, I have lost 70 lbs.
14. My favorite perfume is Michael Kors "Michael." (I have about 10 uses left)
15. I am super fast at solving crytaquotes.
16. I love old music from the 1970s, including (but not limited to) disco.
17.I have met the group, "Motely Crue." I was not impressed. I'm pretty sure neither were they.
2020 dec 12
2020 nov 1
2017 nov 21
2017 apr 22
2017 mar 24
2017 mar 12